Friday 23 August 2013

Day 45; Surprise

After the biggest breakfast (yet delicious) that I ever wish to eat, we left heading for Gwithian. The coastal path made our walk jaw droppingly gorgeous- the sun was hot, hot, hot, and the bays of the west coast of Cornwall didn't disappoint with turquoise waters, rocky cliff edges with delicate purple and yellow heather smothering them. 


We could see seal's basking in the sun while Chris told us stories from when he grew up in the local area. It was amazing. Shame about the pain in my feet, but with three days to go I can't complain. 


We arrived at our B&B by 5.30 with tea and cake ready for us in the garden. Once we were completely relaxed and clean we went for dinner in the local village, kindly booked by out B&B owner. The atmosphere was great, food was yummy, company was wonderful and it was about to get even better! 

Cheryl and Jc came up behind me at the table- I couldn't believe it! They were on a road trip round Cornwall and just by chance had ended up in the same restaurant at the same time as us- craziness! But I was so thrilled- my family was here- now, happy happy happy! (even if it was just for a 20 minute conversation- thank you for finding me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment