Thursday 15 August 2013

Day 37; Navigator

Kate and I treated ourselves to a lie in this morning, 7.50 alarm set, delightful- and I never get bored of waking up on a pillow; its such a treat in the camping world. After a homecooked English breakfast we departed heading for Simonsbath. 

The walk was much the same as yesterdays, lots of hills, beautiful scenery, but the best part was the minimal pain from my feet. 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen before starting is the trick- and it meant I could smile all day. 

We got slightly off track on a couple of footpaths, resorting us to ask the farmers and other ramblers (I'm getting to know the walking lingo now) to confirm where we were on the map. 



13 miles in we stopped for a break in the village tea shop- all I needed now was my wellies and I could have been a farmer. We bought food for dinner and finished off the final stretch to our campsite. We had showered and pitched our tent by 8pm so Kate and I had a picnic/dinner in our cosy tent (that now smells of jelly belly air freshener- a treat to ourselves for the final leg). 

We wrote home and then slipped into our sleeping bags by 9pm- out of phone signal left to an early night. Having really enjoyed today and not hating my feet on every step made a huge difference and so for the first time in a few days, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Where guess what!? I'll be walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment